#JewishBostonTeens led 200+ volunteers of all ages and staff during what was an inspiring and beautiful day. Much love ❤️ to everyone for #DoingGood with us and making #JTIBoston & CJP #CommunityActionDay2019 a HUGE success!
Together, in just a few short hours we…
- Built and painted 6 picnic tables and 12 benches
- Built and painted 4 sets of cornhole boards
- Built shelving in the basement
- Cooked meals for the residents at Plummer and for 75 people at LifeBridge
- Painted 2 multi-panel murals and the gazebo at Plummer
- Packed 50 school kits to go to young refugees in Syria
- Cleaned up and replanted the garden and the front grounds and decorated the welcoming circle at Plummer
- Made bird feeders, planters, and posters for citizenship classes for local immigrants
In partnership with CJP, BBYO, J-Serve, Epstein Hillel School, JCCNS, The Food Project, NFTY, and The Michael Steinberg Leadership Development Endowment Fund the day’s work supported Plummer Youth Promise, Lynn Shelter Association, Lifebridge, North Shore Community Development Coalition and JFS of Metrowest.
Many thanks to Pediatric Healthcare Associates, and Larry Levine’s Meats & Deli for your generous support. We’re grateful for donations from Value Store It Allston, MHD Tents, PEAK Events, Atlantic Ambulance, Home Depot, Lowes, Wegmans, and Stop & Shop. #GoodDeedsDay #Salem
To see the day in photos 📸, check out our Facebook album.
Want More? (We hope so!)
Community Action Day work supported the efforts of three organizations providing homes & a path to stability for neighbors on the North Shore. To learn more about homelessness, ways to engage, & CJP’s social justice priority in this work, join us May 15th, 6:30pm for light dinner & discussion at JTI’s office in Marblehead. Email Beth Tauro for info or to sign up!
Apply for JTI’s Peer Leader Fellowship
This outstanding year-long opportunity for Jewish teens in Boston’s Metrowest and North Shore communities hires and trains students to serve as resources for the uninvolved or marginally engaged to connect with their peers and each other. Our Peer Leader Fellows help build community all year long!