A teen-led Jewish community service day for all ages
In 2009, JTI rallied Jewish teens and adult leaders from around the North Shore to participate in J-Serve, an annual day of service for Jewish youth around the world. Today, this amazing opportunity to serve continues and has grown both in scope and size!
This year we partnered with Combined Jewish Philanthropies (CJP) for the second year to bring people together for Community Action Day, a teen-led Jewish community service day for all ages. The day offers teens, adults and families a chance to roll up their sleeves and make a major difference. This year’s event took place at Plummer Youth Promise in Salem, MA, and benefited a number of local organizations.
JTI & BBYO teen leaders along with adult volunteers provide instruction for a variety of projects for young and old alike. Whether you desire to lead a project or join the workforce, what an impact we make as we join together to repair the world!
In just a few short hours we…
- Built and painted 6 picnic tables and 12 benches
- Built and painted 4 sets of cornhole boards
- Built shelving in the basement
- Cooked meals for the residents at Plummer and for 75 people at LifeBridge
- Painted 2 multi-panel murals and the gazebo at Plummer
- Packed 50 school kits to go to young refugees in Syria
- Cleaned up and replanted the garden and the front grounds and decorated the welcoming circle at Plummer
- Made bird feeders, planters, and posters for citizenship classes for local immigrants