Repairing the World Through Service
In 2009, JTI rallied Jewish teens and adult leaders from around the North Shore to participate in J-Serve, an annual day of service for Jewish youth around the world. Today, this amazing opportunity to serve continues and has grown both in scope and size!
In 2018 we are partnering with Combined Jewish Philanthropies (CJP) to celebrate J-Serve and North Shore Mitzvah Day together, a single event that will allow teens, adults and families to roll up their sleeves and make a major difference. We have an incredible group of teen and adult leaders working on team mitzvah projects in Salem, MA to help Lifebridge and Plummer Youth Promise.
As in past years, BBYO & JTI teen leaders will provide instruction for teen projects while CJP volunteers will help facilitate adult and family activities. Whether your desire is to lead a project or join the workforce, what an impact we will make as we join together to repair the world!
J-Serve/NS Mitzvah Day 2018 Schedule: April 22, 2018
- 11:30-12:30 – Gathering and BBQ; welcome and presentation of the 2018 Derek Sheckman Award
- 12:30-3:30 – Roll up your sleeves, it’s time to work!
- 3:30-4 – Check out the results of our efforts
This year’s projects will include:
- Baking and cooking
- Painting interior
- Mural painting
- Building picnic tables and benches
- Building Adirondack chairs
- Making gift baskets & table decorations
- Gardening and beautifying grounds
Need a Ride? Sign up for the bus when you register and skip finding parking in Salem!
- Marblehead bus stop: JCC of the North Shore
- Pick up 10:45 am; drop off 4:45 pm
- Peabody bus stop: Temple Ner Tamid
- Pick up 11:15 am; drop off 4:15 pm
Required Waiver: Code of Conduct
Questions? Contact Gabe Miner
*This program is brought to you in partnership with Combined Jewish Philanthropies and is made possible in part by a grant from BBYO and the Michael Steinberg Leadership Development Endowment Fund.