Encouraging Hands-On Social Action
Soup-er Sunday is one of JTI’s largest service-learning programs. It takes place around Mitzvah Day International, an international day of service encouraging people all over the world to take part in hands-on social action in November.
Here on the North Shore, 100+ youth, teen and adult volunteers prepare and cook various foods, and then deliver the food to local emergency and family shelters as a pre-Thanksgiving meal. Each year we look for soup-er heroes to help with cooking, set up, clean up and/or delivering food and the day begins with pizza for lunch. Guest chefs are always on hand for culinary inspiration and instruction; no cooking expertise is required!
- Who: teens in grades 8-12 + adult volunteers*
- What: Join us for an afternoon of cooking and baking for our families and individuals who are experiencing homelessness
- When: Sunday, November 24, 2019, from 12:00-3:00PM
- Where: JCCNS, 4 Community Road, Marblehead
*Children in grades 3-7 are invited to the Mitzvah Lounge at Temple Emanu-El, Marblehead and can RSVP directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Code of Conduct Form
After you register using the above buttons please complete our Soup-er Sunday Code of Conduct Form to finalize your registration.
Thanks to all our SOUP-ER 2018 participants, sponsors and collaborators on another HUGE success!
- 150 volunteers
- 51 lasagnas
- 50 apple pies
- 4 large pots of soup
- 3 trays of brownies
- 6 huge batches of cookies
- 60 Stars of Hope
- 4 large boxes full of toiletry donations
- 4 Lynn Shelter Association shelters
- 1 My Brother’s Table soup kitchen